Please you this link to apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/859467
Director of Business Development
Director position to lead customer facing activities for a 200+ truck operation working closely with the President and General Manager. Responsibilities to maximize freight hauling capacity and rates while helping reduce deadhead and open trucks. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing Hill Brothers profits while ensuring Hill Brothers customers are satisfied. Requires continual development of relationships of potential customers in key markets. Present to the marketplace Hill Bros. Transportation services and effectively cross sell the service offerings of sister company Hill Bros Logistics.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing and sales activities to promote services provided by Hill Bros Transportation.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with established customers and potential new customers in all key truck line markets. Be able to solicit freight quickly to fill open lanes.
- Meet regularly with truck-line management in order to have thorough knowledge of present freight needs.
- Continual improvement of Hill Bros freight mix. Seek driver friendly business. Continual review of rates and implementing rate increases. This may include walking away from less than optimal business while attempting to convert the business to a Logistics opportunity.
- Administer incoming RFP’s. Complete RFI’s, monitor progress and insure responses are sent to meet due times. Coordinate process with internal stakeholders. Follow up with customer.
- Liaison between customer and operations, serving as escalation point of contact to address service and or operations issues.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Attend industry related conferences to professionally represent the Hill Bros franchise
- Evaluate the financial aspects of service development, such as budgets, expenditures, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Be a team player – interact well with all departments of the company.
- Abundance of interaction with Director of Pricing in developing and executing our strategic plan.
- Negotiate contracts and rates with customers to manage freight volume and pricing
- Actively promote service offerings of sister company Hill Bros Logistics.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountability – This position is critical to the success of the Hill Bros Transportation. Revenue for the truck-line must exceed $50 million annually to feed the current need. Every truck-line account must hear the service offerings of Hill Bros Logistics. Regular interaction with VP of Logistics to continue the aggressive growth of Logistics.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues. Demonstrate the Hill Bros Way.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Competitiveness – Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Job Knowledge – The familiarity gained by sight, experience, or training.
- Presentation Skills – Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) or industry experience in a similar role.
Experience: 3 plus years of experience
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with TMW Suite helpful.
Please use this link to apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/859467