Leading Transportation Company has an open position in our accounting group. You would become part of a valued team that is contributing meaningful analysis to drive business improvement. You will have the opportunity to contribute to special projects to improve reporting and business analysis.
Primary responsibilities of this position will be daily processing of the interface between various software and the daily reconciling of some accounts. In addition this position will be to back up the various positions within the accounting department such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, settlements, and some of the duties of the Accounting Manager. This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Associates Degree in Accounting, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. (Will substitute for equivalent work experience)
Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience in multiple areas of accounting, (i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger).
- Experience working in the trucking industry preferred but not required.
- Intermediate experience with Excel.
- Excel test will be required.
- Previous experience with software programs TMW, TMT, and Great Plains preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.